10 August 2015

Funky Fun Daisy Card

Hiya!

Georgie here today :) and I've been playing with brights again...! So much fun!!!! Hence the title :)

I adore 'brights', the works of art that I see people create are so inspiring but I often shy away, not really knowing how to 'play' :) but I have been gaining confidence.



Using Dina Wakley's acrylic paints, I laid down the base using a brush with Sky, Tangerine and Magenta, then blending lightly together with fingers and a touch of water. I used Lapis to border the edge and draw the eye inward.



Finnabair small stamps and Black Archival ink created my funky background, I find partially stamping gives a more organic feel.


Once the background was complete, I used some White acrylic paint to draw the head of the daisy and some petals coming straight down from it. I saw a clip art picture of a daisy in this style a little while a go and made a mental not of it's structure. I like the side, half droopy look rather than a full birds eye view.



Lemon and Tangerine acrylic paint were added to create a little depth. Faber Castell Pitt pen in Black helped with shadowing, smudging it in some places so it wasn't to harsh.





After the flower was created I drew in the stem and dappled some Lime acrylic paint to the base of the stem. The the final part was adding in some wording, using Dina Wakley's Handwritten Quotes, choosing one of them to enhance by outlining with a Sakura White Gelly Roll pen.

So from me, that's it for today. Hope you enjoyed and I will catch up with you all soon.
Take care,
Georgie xx






13 comments:

Marci said...

A very pretty, happy daisy!

Dominike said...

I like your work. It is a very beautiful tag.

Dominike said...

I like your work. It is a very beautiful tag.

Pamellia said...

Gorgeous tag Georgie! I just love the beautiful rainbow of colours and the white flower just pops! Stunning! hugs :)

Samra said...

WOW! You are really good at painting Georgie! Love the fun color palette you used and the wonderful daisy! Just fabulous!
Have a great day my dear!
Samra

Karenliz Henderson said...

Beautiful. It looks like you've always used bright colors. Can't wait to see more.

Redanne said...

The flower is gorgeous and I just love the wonderful vibrant colours in the background. Beautiful! Hugs, Anne xx

TangledBlueRose said...

Fabulous Georgie! I love the daisy and awesome brights. Wonderful detail and texture. I adore your 'eye' for color and composition!
~kim

SueC said...

Love this Georgie ! Your daisy is gorgeous and the bright colours are beautiful. Sue C x

Vintagehandmade said...

Wow, Georgie, this is stunning! Love your vibrant colours and those fabulous white accents! Your daisy is perfect!
Huge hugs! Branka xxx

sarascloset said...

Fabulous and Fun and yes, Funky! Love your tag with those brights and your stunning and sassy daisy! You are truly one fine artist!

Becca Cruger said...

I love everything about this! It's bright, it's grungy, it's eclectic and it's fun!

Words and Pictures said...

Definitely both fun and funky - and grungy and fabulous!
Alison x